Monday, January 22, 2024

COSTA MAYA, WE DIDN’T MEET YOU!

Monday, January 22, 2024
Sky Princess
Stateroom S222 on Sun Deck 17
At Sea
Cloudy, some rain, sun/75F 

Slice Pizzeria on Pool Deck

Spoiler Aler
t: I don't want to lose readers because we are dull and boring. But...today was not very exciting either.  

When the ocean swells are 9 foot and it is very windy, captains of cruise ships often make the tough decision to skip a port. That is what happened today.  We have only been to Costa Maya once, in 2015, and we were looking forward to visiting again. Not today.

We knew it was going to rain today, but we did not expect this turn of events.  The captain was very apologetic when he made the announcement over the P.A., and we know it was a hard call. Another cruise ship nearby, from Royal Caribbean, made the same call. So on we sailed.

 I can keep forever busy with a book, the only thing that will keep me sitting still. TK loves to watch people, so we sat under cover near the main pool, reading and watching.  The weather did clear, and the sun worshippers took their usual path, lounging by the pool, wind and all. That is,  until a little after noon, the captain announced for everyone to take cover and we saw the dash of hundreds of people trying to find shelter, toweled lounge chairs abandoned.  We were already secure! No thunderstorms or lightning!

Since the last cruise, TK has been waiting for four-cheese pizza, and that was the special today. It is tasty, but I prefer tomato sauce.  He was happy.

The "Four Cheese" pizza had mozzarella, fontina, provolone, and dolcelatte cheeses.
I suspect the fontina is somewhat like Roquefort or Gorgonzola, a little on the strong side.

The Princess World Orchestra played in the Atrium while I read most of the afternoon. They were very good.  We enjoyed spaghetti and meatballs tonight with caprese salad, then apple strudel. TK wants to see the movie tonight, Uncharted. I think it is based on a Sony game.

 Movies Under The Stars
This was pretty cool. About 30 steps from our cabin
to the deck overlooking the main pool and the movie screen
Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg in a scene 
from Uncharted.  This turned out to be an
engaging movie--lots of action!

One thing that was fun about this movie was one of the settings was Barcelona---and we saw La Sagrada Familia, our favorite church in several scenes.

That is about it for excitement today. Tomorrow is Cozumel. This cruise is very peaceful.


A Note about the Internet: The Internet, StarLink, is good. Our "Plus" plan allows each of us to have one device connected at a time.  I have my phone, my laptop, and my Ipad, and I am juggling between all three. I have to turn off each one as I move to the other.  I have been using my Samsung phone camera and need to remember to send the photos to my email before I shut the phone down.  I have learned that I am not  a good juggler.  In other words, I had a few more photos. 


 

4 comments:

  1. Pizza sounds good, good choice with a little red Wine, oh do they have popcorn for the movie and sodas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good catch! Yes, popcorn and sodas and very comfy padding on the lounge chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you could use your phone as a hotspot and connect your laptop to it. Then, they would only detect one device. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder...and you can teach me how to do that!

    ReplyDelete