Sunday, January 28, 2024

SUN, SANDY BEACH, PICNIC FARE, HURRAH FOR PRINCESS CAYS

Sunday, January 28, 2024
Sky Princess
Stateroom S222/17
Princess Cay, Eleuthra Island, Bahamas
Sun, 83F



TK and I do enjoy visiting each cruise line’s private islands. Princess, which is part of the Carnival Corporation, has access to what they call Princess Cays. It is located at the southern end of the island of Eleuthera Island, Bahamas.


Sporting our swimsuits, and with sunscreen, towels, sunglasses, and my latest book, we headed to the “Elite” lounge for our priority passes for the boat shuttle to the island. It was a short 10 minute ride to the sunny, sandy island, perfectly set up for the day.  At 10 a.m., we were almost the first ones on the beach. There are plenty of lounge chairs, restrooms, and bar set ups.  I think there are less palm trees, possibly the result of hurricanes, but several shelters have been built for those who prefer shady areas.

 

We found a sandy spot in one of the shelters with plenty of space on each side of our lounge chairs and a nice breeze. Lounge chairs in the sun are edge to edge, not our style.

 






By 11 a.m. we were very hungry and crew members had set up a picnic buffet with burgers, hot dogs, sausage, chicken, BBQ ribs, salads, luscious fruits (pineapple, melons, bananas, apples), chocolate chip cookies, and probably more. I only saw what I like!  There are plenty of sheltered picnic tables for eating—

Janie is hungry!

Fruit buffet 

You can probably guess that I did a lot of reading and TK checked out the water. I put my toes in the sea to test the water, cold, probably 70s. I’m a warm water person.  I love looking at it though!

 

On our walk we saw bungalows/cabanas and now I am going to aspire to renting one next time! I don’t know why we never noticed them before. Believe it or not, each one is equipped with four chairs, a table, a ceiling fan, and air conditioning! There are two lounge chairs are on the small porch, and  two more lounge chairs with an umbrella.   I think if we rented one of those bungalows I might not return to the ship.

 



We returned to the ship about 3 p.m. 

Sky Princess is waiting for us!

TK enjoyed the retreat pool near our room, and I continued to read. Soon enough TK was watching the football game (KC Chiefs won). 

 

Now after dinner, he is watching the 49ers and Lions play on the TV in our stateroom while he rests.

 

We had a great day in the sun today!

TK's Takes: Good beach day! A lot of people

2 comments:

  1. I presume the cruise lines have control of those private islands, so I'm curious as to what they do (if anything) about the possibility of sharks near the beach waters. And are those luscious luncheons "all you can eat", or do you only get to go back for seconds (and not thirteenths?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I never gave sharks a thought. This is a very good question that I will try to pursue. Those delicious luncheons are indeed all you can eat. Seconds, thirteenths, go ahead! That said, most cruise lines now charge extra for seconds like lobster tail and prime rib in the main dining room. $10. That was not the case previously, one could ask for more lobster tail or prime rib. On our European cruise in NovDec, one night they had lobster claws (not tails) at the buffet. That was a frenzy like I could not believe. We observed only, and it was a sight to behold. Key word: frenzy

    ReplyDelete