Tuesday, February 23, 2016

ON THE ROAD HOME TO ERIE, PENNSYLVANIA

 Hampton Inn/Mooresville
Mooresville, North Carolina
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
From 78 F to 56 F/some rain, some sun

We sure enjoyed our stay with Mary Lou and Scorchy! After our good-byes this morning, TK skillfully drove from Dade City, Florida to Mooresville, North Carolina in 10 hours today. 
We stopped at a Huddle House near Brunswick, Georgia for lunchtime breakfast. Their omelets are the fluffiest and taste so good.

While TK drove, I finished a book by Michael Connelly (The Burning Room) and even was inspired to write a few pages for my work on World War I and my great uncle.

Fortunately the rain held off and we just had a few sprinkles along the way. There was nothing remarkable along the highways—I-75, FL-301, I-95, and I-77. The temperature started getting lower and TK was regretting wearing shorts today. Traffic was light until we got to Charlotte, NC.  Charlotte! Traffic here is always unbelievable. We thought we had figured out a route around this snarling slow traffic in January, I-485. No such luck today. Anyway, we arrived at our hotel by 6 p.m. TK was tired.

TK’s Takes: Charlotte’s traffic is the worst, worse than Ft. Myers. There were no rest areas on I-95 N in Georgia.


For B2:

This is Shadow, Mary Lou and Scorchy's cat. Does he remind you of Fudgie???

No comments:

Post a Comment