Saturday, February 6, 2016

GREAT STIRRUP CAY: ANOTHER RELAXING DAY!

At Sea / NCL Getaway
Saturday, February 6, 2016
70s F, sunny

I cannot imagine going skiing in the snow today, but I sure hope our Erie and Jamestown families have a fun afternoon doing just that! We also hope B1 has had some good basketball games with her famous three-pointers!! Our Bs. We really really miss them!

When TK returned from getting us our morning coffee, he said he decided not to go ashore—it is cool and windy with choppy waves. Announcements for the tender boats began at 8 a.m. awakening everyone! Now, 2 ½ hours later they have suspended running the tender boats because of the waves. I can observe a long line of very disgruntled passengers waiting on the stairways to proceed off the ship. By noon the tender boats were running and it looked like many passengers enjoyed the private island experience.

Uploading photos was faster than ever this morning. The Internet manager is from Serbia and I really wanted to interview her about World War I, but she was too busy. On the Regal I met a young lady from Turkey who told me she did study WWI in school and was willing to talk to me about it, but we never could get together for that.  Words from my writing group echo in my head as I write this: “You’ve done enough research, it’s time to write!”

I finished Kellerman’s Compulsion (a young woman and a retired school teacher are murdered and a black Bentley is involved). Now I am reading Robin Cook’s Chromosome 6 (lots of scientific “jargon” and transplanting chromosomes from bonobonos [chimpanzee-like animals] to humans). We sat on Deck 8 again, enjoying the warmer weather, the quietude, and the sounds of the waves.

Deck 8---overlooking the Caribbean


After lots of quiet time we went to our stateroom to pack. Anyone who knows us can only imagine what words were expressed as we tried to juggle all of our luggage and “stuff” in the postage stamp area. As I have said many times before, we are not tiny people. I won’t say we had an argument, but it wasn’t pretty.

Packing made us hungry so we headed to O’Sheehan’s for prime rib.  Right now as I finish this blog tonight, the Atrium is not crowded as others are probably packing or dining.

TK has not accepted this ship and I feel bad about that. My cold still lingers but I am sure glad his is gone. We are both looking forward to Ft. Myers and seeing his brother and family. Super Bowl tomorrow will be exciting if we go to TK’s nephew Jeff’s house.  Go Broncos!

Note to my writing group friends: I have made some decisions! Plus, please know how much I appreciate you!!

Note to Brother Bill and Marge: TK remembered you were on NCL on your Hawaiian cruise. I don’t think you had a similar experience.


TK’s Takes: Understaffed and Overworked. Two words. 

Activity at the Pool on Deck 15

Children's area on Deck 15

The beautiful Norwegian Cruise Line Getaway in Cozumel



No comments:

Post a Comment