Sunday, November 12, 2023

ENCHANTED PRINCESS WELCOMES US IN THE MEDITERREAN!

Sunday, November 12, 2023

Port of Barcelona, Spain

Aboard the Enchanted Princess

Sunny, 72F

 

After the excitement this morning, we were grateful that our taxi arrived at 11:15 a.m. to whisk us off to the port and the Enchanted Princess

Boarding was quick and easy.  We had ample time to visit our muster station, watch the safety video, unpack, make a few reservations, and grab a bite to eat. I think the Enchanted Princess Sous Chef really took to heart what I told him in February about having more simple options at the buffet. I was incredulous when I saw GRILLED CHEESE sandwiches and turkey pot pie that tasted like I made it (one of foods that I really can make myself!). 

The buffet dining area was not full
Our room is very nice--a mini suite, which means it  has a "sitting room" with a drape to separate the beds from the couch / desk area. TK likes this so I can read or write and not bother him. 

"Bedroom" area

"Living" area

Janie on the balcony
Port of Barcelona, Mediterranean Sea in the background

We have been on this ship twice before, the New England cruise in 2022 and the Caribbean cruise in February 2023.  That means I should know where everything is. Ha!

After dinner, I connected my computer to the Internet.  I can only use one device at a time, which is not really a hardship as long as I remember to send any photos I am taking on my phone to my email. I have taken most photos with my DSLR. 

Culinary delight tonight-marscapone with blueberry
At first I thought, what the heck, this is strawberry,
BUT the blueberry was inside.

We have early days coming up. My beloved Aix-en-Provence tomorrow!  

Some Notes:  I am so glad that I bought a new Canon camera lens, 18-400. The lens is incredible and I don't need to bring two lenses on trips any more.  People have moved away from the bigger cameras, but it just does not weigh that much and I have become adept at carrying it. TK will probably tell me to never take the camera off either. Point taken.

TK Takes:  This is the second year in a row that we got held up by a marathon, only this year was worse.  Janie had a lesson to never take off her cross-body bag. 

This was easiest embarkation ever.

3 comments:

  1. Your suite is gorgeous. I'd never want to leave it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very comfortable! Lots of room too.

      Delete
  2. You cabin looks great sort of like the accommodations TK had when he was in the Navy. What deck are you on? I do not understand how u take pictures and transfer them, to your IPad? What is the forecast for the sail and first week? Looks just great. Awaiting more photos and news.

    ReplyDelete