Monday, January 6, 2020

THE EMERALD IS AT SEA AGAIN!


Monday, January 6, 2020
Emerald Princess-At Sea
84F, sunny

Another lazy day at sea. I spent a good deal of time this morning creating our balcony poster for the Panama Canal transit.  Here are some of the things I could have done this morning instead of that:
·         Join the Knitters and Knatters group
·         Chip golf balls into the pool
·         Play pickle ball
·         Watch The Devil Wears Prada
·         Watch a fruit and vegetable carving demo
·         Learn about Chinese Medicine
·         Learn how to do origami
·         Play bingo


After finishing my work of art, TK and I had lunch at the DaVinci dining room with Erie friends, Jeff and Doris. Conversation included east Erie banter and memories. We all have an east side connection, but I am the only one who did not grow up there. Jeff is a fountain of Erie knowledge, but Doris and TK are sharp too! The culinary highlight was chicken soup with matzo balls and baked apple dumpling. TK liked the lasagna Bolognese.

Erie friends, Jeff, Doris, Janie, TK

TK spotted dolphins leaping off our balcony before lunch. [That is a terrible sentence, as noted by one of my sons. It did seem, as written, that dolphins were leaping from our balcony. In truth, we saw dophins leaping in the Pacific Ocean as we watched from our balcony. An English teacher should have known that!!!!!] That was when I learned that photos taken without a memory card in the camera do not count.

After lunch I read on our balcony, I’m into my 3rd book, but only saw flying fish. We are passing Acapulco as I write--obviously not while reading.

A few other things I could have done:
·         Slot Tournament (TK did do this)
·         Trivia games
·         Make a paper airplane and try the challenge
·         Listen to music in at least 4 venues
·         Bingo
·         Watch the movie, Aladdin
·         Do the hole in one golf challenge

I will try reading by the pool one of these days. The captain announced that our stop in Huatulco may be cancelled if it is too windy—it is a port where we must take a water shuttle from the ship to shore. I imagine after the incident a few weeks ago, cruise captains are being extremely careful. (Carnival Glory  vs. the Carnival Legend—we are booked on the Carnival Legend for October 2021, God willing).

Carnival Legend after the Glory scraped by it


TK’s Takes: Good buy in the Piazza-quality t-shirts, 2 for $20. Spotted dolphins, a turtle (his shell about 3 ft in diameter), and flying fish. It is a lot warmer today, possibly too early in the year for whales, the last time we were in the Pacific it was February (2010).

1 comment: