Wednesday, January 20, 2016

OH NO! COMPUTER MALFUNCTION...

Grand Cayman / At Sea
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
80s F / hot, humid, and sunny

First, I have not commented on the Denver Broncos vs. Pittsburgh Steelers game. Let's say I am very disappointed in the Steelers, but at least I now that Brian and B2 are very very happy!

Even though today was supposed to rainy, it turned out to be sunny!  Because Grand Cayman is an island sensitive to habitat, ships must anchor quite a distance from the shore. Since there were 7 ships in "port" today, we were the furthest from shore and could not use an anchor. Tender boats took passengers to shore, but one had to be very careful crossing from the ship tot he boat. Without an anchor the ship and boat did not always meet.

Georgetown is very familiar to us, but we did not linger in shops. I'm saving my shopping till next week in St. Thomas [see that, h!]. Except a dash to Guy Harvey, that is.

Because I wanted to take advantage of free WiFi, we headed for the Hard Rock Cafe and a very delicious cheeseburger.  When I pushed the on button on the laptop, it did seem to come on, but I could not open one function/icon. Not Word, not Chroem, nothing. I am quite sad about this. TK and I each have 150 minutes of free WiFi for each week on Princess, but that is not enough time to type directly into the blog [as opposed to writing it in Word then pasting it in]. I spent 10  minutes on Tuesday just trying to download one photo into blog--an example of how slow the Internet is onboard. So, we shall see what transpires.

Before dinner we met Colin and Gwenda in the club Six lounge. I am very interested in hearing about their recent November 2015 trip to China, South Korea, Japan, Vietnam, Bangkok, Hong Kong, and Dubai, much of the trip on a Princess shisp.  Their favorite experience was the Terra Cotta Warriors, built in the 3rd century for a Qin Dynasty emperor. (7000 life size clay warriors grouped by rank in battle order). Colin and Gwenda said that off-ship basically the same food was served for breakfast and dinner, but they always found something to eat.

We did not get far with China when it was time to go to dinner at 7:15 p.m. My order of fried chicken was quite average. New friend Denise G. is a "Techie" and she will look at my computer. She is always smiling with mischief in her eyes. Her sweet husband Mike is very quiet.

We left dinner before dessert for the comedy show with Troy Thirdgill. We have seen him before and our group enjoyed his humor. He said he has been divorced several times. Now that he is older and more mature (40s) he is reflecting on how if  you only like each other 80%, stay together anyway! It's easier and cheaper. "When I date, I actually have to listen to her. When I was married all I had to do was say, 'Yeah. Uh huh,' every so often."

He also said that when people know he is a comedian they ask him to tell them a joke, He said, "Seriously, if you're a firefighter, does someone start a fire and say, 'Put this fire out for me?'" That is funny to me! (and the audience liked that too!)

On the way back to the stateroom we all stopped at the Cafe. I had a tiny coconut pie tart and a tiny cherry cheese cake tart. TK had an "oreo" tart.

TK's Takes: He had the best guacamole and nachos on a ship ever when we were at the pool this afternoon.  He also said he is very happy not to be driving in the snow in the north--we are hearing about the impending snow storm in the north.  Many people on the ship are worried about returning home on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Erie is dodging this latest snowstorm which is heading up the Atlantic coast. Lots of schools closed for today on that track and they haven't even gotten the worse if it! That will happen Friday and Saturday.
    We went To B1 's game last night. They won and B1 finally made some baskets after missing a few in the First quarter. We love her new basketball shoes. Villa colors! We ran into a gem on Monday while alking the mall .... Okay...I commented again so you know I am reading these posts! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete