Wednesday, January 20, 2010

SAN DIEGO, HERE WE COME!


It was about a three hour sunny, warm drive to Fort Lauderdale. We stopped at Sawgrass Mills Mall in Sunrise, Florida-one of the largest on the eastern seaboard. My main goal was the strawberry shortcake at the Cheesecake Factory. That is my very favorite meal there--I learned some time ago that I could just forego lunch and dinner and just order dessert! Why not??? TK had a Cobb salad.


We brought all 8 suitcases and various bags into the hotel (Hampton Inn / Plantation) so that we could organize everything that we wanted to take with us tomorrow. This did not cause as much controversy as I thought it would. We are actually taking 4 suitcases and 2 carry-ons. (Reminder: I packed one large suitcase, a carry-on, and a small suitcase for the driving part for myself--someone else packed the other suitcases). Our Delta flight leaves at 7:50 a.m. EST and we need to be at the airport at 6:15 a.m. We arrive in San Diego about 12:20 PST. We have dinner plans with Brian, Nancy, Donna, and Lawrence-friends from our Princess cruise last year. Other new friends from the Cruise Critic chat site will also meet us.


TK told me that the weather is quite bad in southern California right now and that when we leave the port aboard the Carnival Spirit, there might be 20 ft. waves. That could get interesting, but we are veterans of the high seas and we are prepared (Bonine). I do hope the flight is smooth-let's get there first!


TK's takes: It's dark out and 67 F right now (7:15 p.m.). It was 76 F earlier today.

Side Note: Because he packed only 30 floral/Hawaiian shirts, he bought another one today at Sawgrass Mills at Tommy Bahama's-the deal of the century. It was marked $128 and he paid $27. Who knew?

1 comment:

  1. TK: Good job! I didn't know you were a bargain shopper!
    MJ: I would go for the Shortcake too!

    ReplyDelete