Friday, September 30, 2022

NEW YORK CITY AND HOME BECKON US!

Enchanted Princess  / At Sea

Friday, September 30, 2022

Cooler today, but we stayed inside!


We really did not do too much today, seadays are always relaxing. TK likes to people watch and I read books. We stayed in the World Fresh Market (buffet area) most of the morning throgh lunch.  I tried to work on the blog, but it was painful so I read and read. 

Later TK returned to the room to pack, and then I did the same--my least favorite task. 

At dinner we had "surf and turf," four shrimp and a filet mignon. Very tasty. We love Baked  Alaska and that is a cruise ship tradition, no matter the cruise line.


Dining Room from our private table

Baked Alaska


The atrium on Deck 5--always lots going on here, whether dance class, 
exercise class, violins, or contests


Guest Services-Deck 5

International Cafe-Deck 5, TK's favorite. The coffee from here is the best on the ship.
One wonders why the coffee everywhere else is so awful.

Our luggage ready to go outside the cabin 
for pick up by the luggage handlers.
It will be in NYC when we get off the ship!
My biggest fear is that I will forget to keep enough clothes out for disembarkation. 
What if I left my pants in my big luggage?? That would be awful.


We actually went to bed very early because we were an hour ahead of EST, so we were turning our clocks back too. I think it was 9 EST when I went to bed.  The captain announced that we were getting to NYC at 1:30 a.m. which was earlier than the planned time of arrival--the captain wanted to avoid rough seas.

This was definitely a good cruise--a good "shakedown" for our November cruise.




No comments:

Post a Comment