Saturday, January 19, 2019

ALMOST PACKED!

TK has our Winter Travel down to a science. He looks for a cruise deal and books it (He even has a cruise booked for Jauary 2020!) This year he found a deal on the MSC Divina, a new cruise line for us. MSC was offering the same reward status to those who cruised on other cruise lines. For example we are "Platinum" on Princess, Carnival, and NCL cruise lines. MSC offered us the best "status" based on our  "status" on those cruise lines, which includes on board credit, free soda card, and so on.  We will give MSC a try.

Then TK checks out our rewards points with Hilton and Marriott and books hotels accordingly for the days we need hotel rooms.

Packing is a science too.Long ago I made a packing checklist in Adobe InDesign--3 columns of very specific items. Since this is a month long trip and we are driving, I have a lot of leeway on how much I can take, but I try not to go overboard!! I use one 27 inch, one 24 inch, and one 20 inch bag, all with spinner wheels. I also use an over the shoulder bag for my laptop and iPad that I can loop over the small wheeled case, but when we board the cruise ship, I place those items in that 20 inch with my Canon SLR, jewelry, and meds. In other words, I leave my travel clothes/winter clothes in the truck and shift items in my luggage.

TK packs his own luggage, but he takes the same amount of luggage as I do.


Here is a sample of my list:

MJK’S PACKING CHECKLIST-Jan 23-Feb 23, 2019

o LL Bean Sunglasses/Extra Sunglasses
o Tote Bags--Del Sol (St. Kitts)/VB
o Tide to go/ Tide/(TK)
o Febreze
o Alarm Clock
o Reading material/6 books, magazines
o Journal/Pens
o Desk Kit/stapler, clips, manila envelopes
o MJK 2019 calendar and passwords
o MJK Bullet Journal
o Postage Stamps / Addresses
o TILLEY HAT

PANTS/SKIRTS
o 1 beige, 2 navy, 1 blk, 2 jean capris
o 1 pair Chico So Slim  +wear 1 pair jeans
o 1 Chico blue and 1 Chico tan pants
JACKETS
o Blue Sweater--wear
EVENING WEAR
o Chico sapphire pants/blk pants
o           Chico jazz blu tank/gr tank/blk tank tops
o 2 Navy blue capri and tank top set
o Pashmani-turquoise
o Blk dressy long sleeve top
o Blk glitter tank
o Slinky Shrug-bl gr yel/Chico shrug bl gr sequin
TOPS
o 1 grn, 1 turq, 1 blk, 1 blue top
o 5 short sleeve tops-printed
o 2 mid length sleeve tops-printed
o Erie FF pink/Mediterranean tees

The bottom line is that I am packed except for a few things. This year I have prepped to take my work on my great uncle Archie with me. I hope that I do have a chance to work on some of it. I outlined his  World War I letters written from France and refined the time line. I did not mention the extra tote bags that will carry this work, but except for my notebooks, I kept the work to a minimum. Most of my work is scanned or transcribed to files.

Almost ready!!



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I removed the previous comment because of a typo, lol. It said that maybe one of our future breakfast topics could be my Europe packing list. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete