Friday, January 23, 2015

THE LULL OF RAIN ON A METAL ROOF!



THE LULL OF RAIN ON A METAL ROOF!
Travelers Rest Resort / Dade City, Florida
Friday, January 23, 2015
80 F, Sunny—then steady rain starting about 6:30 p.m.
I was really excited when a cruise friend (dear Wisconsin, how I thought she was probably heartbroken about the Packers, but then I remembered she probably liked the Bears) said she went through blog withdrawal when I did not post on Wednesday. Then another cruise friend (across the pond!) chimed in and asked how to access my blog!  Readers! Just what a writer loves!

Genealogy Lesson of the Day: This morning I went to a Genealogy Group meeting and met at least 20 people dedicated to family research. I even found kin! New cousin Pat is also researching the Skiff family from New England! There was a presentation about DNA research and organizing one’s work. I even was asked to speak about how I use Facebook for my genealogy research. Two sites I love are The Organized Genealogist and Technology for Genealogy. I have learned many techniques and learned from both! I also have asked to join “closed” genealogy Facebook pages for the counties or areas where my ancestors lived, e.g. Lucas County, Ohio History and Genealogy, Erie Society for Genealogical Research, and Ripley County, Indiana Genealogy. 

After the meeting I learned about how TK and I use data. Back at the cabana TK informed me that Scorchy and Mary Lou just got a call from Verizon that their data usage had increased past their limit (they have one of those really cute “hot spots.”  Hmmm.  That means that I can’t play Words with Friends anymore with Friend H and DDIL Denise. And, I will upload my blog from Panera or McDonalds or someplace like that. We were just having too much fun.  We both feel bad, but we will make it up to them. We are data hogs.

The next situation today was “lingerie gate.” We don’t have Dillard’s in Erie, so on Saturday’s shopping trip, I took the opportunity to order a major lingerie garment necessity (they did not have my size in the store) for delivery at TRR/Dade City, Florida.  As it turned out the package was mysteriously delivered in TK’s name to our Erie address. Son Brian in Erie confirmed this. Now doesn’t that just beat all?  I will leave this topic before it gets too dicey, but it was sort of funny.

Today we just stayed in the park to enjoy the sunny, warm day in contrast to a 23 F day in Erie. We saw the anhinga down by the lake spreading its wings to dry. A hawk swooped by our cabana after a little animal a few hours ago. About 6:30 it started raining and the tempo does seem to be increasing. We don’t have to shovel rain!! It was a quiet day.

Since we are data hogs my blog will have to wait till I have WiFi access. I don't think I can do it from my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment