Thursday, January 1, 2009

Reflection

Happy New Year 2009! We celebrated modestly with family and friends--the traditional pork and sauerkraut dinner at our home.

I mentioned this blog at our dinner -- and my intention to keep everyone up to date on our travels. I have begun a list of things to do before we drive to Fort Lauderdale, including stopping the newspaper, forwarding our mail, paying bills for two months, filling prescriptions, preparing my laptop, and so on.

Of course we need to pack. I have already discovered that a few of my clothes don't fit because of the holidays. We will pack for different kinds of weather-from zero degrees F to over 80 F.

I have not been away from home this long since 1967 when I studied in France a year and I am unsure about that, too. This will be an adventure, for sure.

In a way I am looking at this trip as a way to begin the celebration of our 25 years of marriage. Why not celebrate all year long??

Anyway, we welcome the New Year 2009 and I will reflect on how grateful I am for a beautiful family, our health, and an opportunity to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment