Sunday, September 22, 2024

LONDON'S FOG AND RAIN DID NOT LAST! WELCOME FALL!

Millennium Hotel

London, England
Sepetmber 22, 2024
Fog, Rain, 70sF

Sorry to vent, but I am beyond frustrated.  Ordinarily I download my photos to my laptop from the SD card, organize them into a file, and then insert them as needed into the blog.  Today, the computer is telling me that the "application cannot be restarted. Try reinstalling the application."   What application??   I cannot even look at the photos. To place the photos hee, I had to insert them directly from the SD card without being able to look at them closely to pick the best ones.  Same laptop, same SD card, same me. It does not help that it has been 31 hours since I have had any sleep. 

Back to basics--
Our flights were uneventful and we were picked up right on time by "International Friends" to take us to our hotel.  We left our luggage there and since the room would not be ready for awhile we walked to the closest Starbucks for energy (and bought a London cup).   Our goal today was to visit the Camden Market and after boosting our energy, TK quickly ordered an Uber and off we went to the Market.  

Camcen Market is very different forom Barcelona's market--there are at least 3 streets with back to back small shops. Hats, clothing, shoes, souvenirs, jewelry, food of every sort-bakeries, Mexican, Indian, Italian, Grilled Cheese, 

TK ordering Sunday Roast at Stanhope Arms
I had fish and chips.


A glimpse of our Millenium Hotel

Another view


Camden Market is near the
Camden Canal locks


Note the shoes! VANS

Crowds at Camden Market

Another shoe store at Camden Market

Camden Market

Camden Market

Humble Crumble at Camden Market
TK saw rave reviews on YouTube--
This dessert did not disappoint
Rhubarb, raspberry, and orange crumble with 
meringue topping. Wow!! 
Nice and blurry photo by Janie


Stanhope Arms

We returned to our hotel in the Kensington area (by Uber) and headed for a nearby restaurant.  

TK's Takes: They speak English but it is a little off. No washcloths, again. Must be a European thing.

Note to Dear Friend H--Congratulations on being a first time aunt--wonderful news!!

Note to MJ:  I forgot to tell you two weeks ago to mention to Joe that I did watch The Scarlet and the Black on Amazon Prime after we got together--true story about an Irish priest in the Vatican who saved 6500 Jews during WWII --such a good movie!

Thank you, dear Readers for sticking with me--this is a set back and hopefully someone on the ship can help me with this--  I did not need such an issue. No phone call possible to Friend Sue M for help! Or Sons Randy and Brian.  























2 comments:

  1. I use "what's app" for all my international calling and video chats which is fast, efficient, and free, just be in any WiFi area. Looks like fun and everything is "spot on".enjoy and try and get adjusted, hotel looks nice.

    ReplyDelete