Tuesday, February 17, 2009

SUN AND MORE SUN

West Palm Beach, Florida
Sunny, 74 F

On Monday, Tim and I returned to City Place, Downtown Palm Beach. After shopping again at Tommy Bahamas (I finally found something I think sons R and B will like), we took a DivaDuck tour over land and sea aboard an old Ford 650 amphibious vehicle (http://www.divaduck.com). We motored from the downtown area to a boat ramp and went right into Lake Worth Lagoon and the Intracoastal Waterway. This was quite an experience. We saw historic homes worth millions and millions, including those of Celine Dion, Liberace, Rush Limbaugh, etc. I would recommend this tour to anyone ($25 per adult).

We then went to Muvico Movie Theater to see Gran Torino-the Clint Eastwood movie (worth seeing). The theater was bigger than a cruise ship. As we were munching on popcorn, I heard a dog barking. I looked down our row of seats and saw a small dog sitting on a lady’s lap. I have to say this was a first for us!

Today we walked along the Atlantic by our hotel. The white sand was silky and clean-seashells strewn all over, the sound of the waves. I was wearing my swimsuit on February 17!! After our long walk along the beach, we lounged by the pool for a few hours until our timeshare presentation by Marriott. We survived yet again without buying. If there were a cruise ship timeshare, I think we might do it.

The Gardens Mall in West Palm Beach was calling my name, and Tim obliged. This gorgeous upscale mall, about 6 miles from our Marriott is near where we met Jack Nicklaus. After two mall hours, we headed to Waterways Café for a great dinner-sirloin steak for me, coconut/almond encrusted fried grouper for Tim. As we dined, we watched huge yachts sail the Intracoastal Waterway and through the drawbridge.

1 comment:

  1. I have to tell you this is so fun to read! You are doing a fantastic job and I love it! And I think it is really cool that you met Jack!!! Mom and her friend are going on Feb 28 on the Carnival Freedom, I think, for 8 days in the Eastern Carribean, so she is sooo excited! I will show her this before she leaves!

    ReplyDelete