Tuesday, October 6, 2026

ISLAND PRINCESS AND THE ATLANTIC OCEAN, HERE WE COME!

Tuesday, October 6, 2026
Aboard the Island Princess, Atlantic Ocean
85F

TK on our Hilton balcony
The Island Princess is over his right shoulder 
the background--


 If you have already read the long tirade about our luggage caper, and are still awake, I won’t keep you too long.  After boarding the transport to the ship, we arrived at the port terminal about 3 minutes later—I did not realize how close we were!


Boarding took a little longer than usual, but it was quite easy. Everyone must watch a safety video on his/her “device,” then check in at the muster station for our stateroom. The ship does not leave port until everyone has watched the video—Princess knows!

 
Buffet entrance
Buffet dining area
Ship's Forward

Our stateroom is great, and I forgot to take photos before we plopped our stuff (2 wheeled carry-ons and 2 tote carry-ons.

Outdoor Pool
with Movie Under The Starts screen

Indoor Pool


Highlights:

  1. We met a couple from Wilkes Barre! We talked a long time—they have cruised to Antarctica and South America, where we have not.
  2. A lady told me she met someone who brought 15 pieces of luggage, and that lady was not the only one who did that!  I cannot imagine that!
  3. There are a lot of retired military onboard, as well as other veterans. So far, mostly U.S. Navy!
  4. There are many veteran cruisers on board—world cruises for 9 months and so on. We are light with only about 67 cruises.
  5. The striploin steak I had for dinner was really medium rare, and I was provided with a sharp knife!
  6. As I write, all of our luggage has arrived!!! 8 p.m.—the latest we ever got our luggage on a cruise.

 Another day on the high seas! Another adventure!

 TK’s Takes (Monday):  It was a long day and he had 13,000+ steps.


TK’s Takes  (Tuesday):  We went from being too cold to too hot. It seems like we never left the ship--this stateroom is almost a carbon copy of the one we had on the Sapphire Princess. We have a bigger dining room. He saw 3 kids and he bets there are less than 10 aboard.

 
























No comments:

Post a Comment