Tuesday, October 15, 2024

DAYS AT SEA ON THE REGAL PRINCESS!

Regal Princess/At Sea on the Atlantic Ocean
Tuesday, October 15, 2024
Rain, Clouds, then Sun, 77F


Towel animals are back!
A little doggie!

TK wanted me to blog today because he wants to revive his “contest,” "Guess what this food is." Remember, these are Sea Days and I think he had plenty of time to think about things like that.  I will come back to TK’s contest in a moment.


This morning was rainy, so we spent the morning in the covered back of the ship, overlooking the sea.  So far, the ocean is much calmer than a few days ago.  This was very pleasant, the weather is much warmer now, it was not really windy, and what’s not to like about daydreaming?

Regal Princess-Deck 16 Aft
Wish you, dear Readers, could enjoy this with us!

At noon the Third Mate announced that we have traveled 717 miles away from Funchal, Madeira, so far and we have 2000 miles to go. He speaks in nautical miles, then gives us the data in miles. I wish he had given the depth of the ocean.

One interesting detail is that about every two days we are setting our clocks back an hour--tonight we will be only four hours ahead of EDST.


These are very lazy days – I was looking forward to my highlight of the day: lunch in the dining room with my new favorite, “Colossal Fries.”  Those are my favorite coated fries, hot and crispy, and only served at lunch in the dining room as an appetizer. Next time I am going to order a double! Ann, you know what I am talking about!  To make it seem like this was a real lunch, I ordered deep fried Thai spring rolls with shrimp.  TK, thinking more nutritionally, had some kind of soup and some kind of entrĂ©e. I was too busy eating fries.


After lunch we headed to a favorite spot on Deck 7, the Serenity Lounge—we have talked about this spot before, thickly padded lounge chairs, overlooking the ocean, with attendants attending to any beverage you wish, and tea with a variety of tea sandwiches and petite sweets, including scones, clotted cream, and jam at 3 p.m.  There is a charge for this area, but TK gets a lot of onboard credit that must be used on the ship.

TK daydreams while I read and read and read.

 

Thank you for so many books, Chris!!
I have read these books 
plus 3 others  since the plane ride to London
I have 6 books left...

Back to TK’s contest!


On cruise in 2022, he wanted readers to guess what the first dish was:

Beef Stroganoff on the Regal Princess
November 2022
Spaghetti pasta

Beef Stroganoff on the Caribbean Princess
January 2023

Beef Stroganoff on the Regal Princess
October 2024



TK'S NEW CONTEST
Guess what this dish is:

Janie's

TK's





2 comments:

  1. I think the 2024 version of the beef stroganoff is a big improvement over the others. Wonder if it tastes better? As for the contest, is it a pastry shell filled with pumpkin and some kind of custard on the side, plus whipped cream (not enough!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mystery dish sort of resembles a chicken pot pie, maybe melted cheese on top and leaking gravy from the bottom, lol…and a decorative bit of sour cream. My lunch tastes tend to be more on the savory side than the sweet dessert side.

    ReplyDelete