Sunday, December 5, 2010

PRINCESS CAYS--LAST DAY OF SUN FUN!

Sunday, December 05, 2010
Sunny, 77 F

We tendered this morning to Princess Cays, the southern portion of the Island of Eleuthera in the Bahamas. Christopher Columbus discovered this island in 1492. We found two sort of secluded lounge chairs under a coconut palm, just for us! We could see more palm trees, endless white sand beaches, the sea, and our ship in the distance. A beautiful breeze cooled us just as the sun warmed us. I figured we had to soak up a lot of sun to take home with us. My new camera is fabulous, 18 mega pixels and I am enjoying the photos. I stood on a platform on the beach that jutted into the sea and looked down to take photos of tropical fishes swimming amidst the rocks. Princess Cays is a very nice private island, but we still would have preferred Grand Turk, the original destination.

Back on the ship we packed, a task we never like.

Reflection: We enjoyed the cruise---we always say we never met a cruise we didn’t like. I don’t think we will ever cruise during Thanksgiving again. (I heard an older couple complaining about the “British Invasion” show last night: “Princess has run out of things to do,” one said. I could not believe it.) I think we will try to cruise with our Cruise Critic friends more often.

We would take the railroad tour in St. Kitts next time. I think I would like to have more extensive tours of Santo Domingo and Grenada. I wish photos did not cost so much on the ship and I wish I could stop myself from buying them!

I am looking forward to seeing our family. We will be home by Friday. B2’s 9th birthday is Sunday and her party is Saturday at the Children’s Museum. I have two good surprises for her! On Tuesday we are stopping in Spartanburg, South Carolina, so I can meet friend H. to work with a school district there for Medal of Honor curriculum training on Wednesday. I’m looking forward to that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment