Tuesday, October 21, 2014

RAINY COZUMEL


Cozumel, Mexico
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Rainy, 84 F
 
Even though it was sunny when we arrived at the island of Cozumel, it soon turned into lots and lots of rain with brief periods of scattered showers.  We caught a taxi ($10 for two including tip) to the downtown area’s farthest point. Uncharacteristically, Tim left his umbrella in his truck in Fort Lauderdale. I won’t write that this makes him a bit sullen because of the rain. I let him use mine. I don’t melt because I am not as sweet as he is. 
 
Anyway, I had planned purchases to make for daughters-in-law and friends at Los Cinco Soles. No t-shirts and towels here. The walk to back up the main street is interesting because shop vendors plead with people to enter their shops for a free item like earrings or a pendant. We have always been courteous and smiled “no thank you,” but they are persistent with a capital P.
 


Tonight: Showtime/Princess singers and dancers—Born to Be Wild!!

Born to Be Wild is new show for the Caribbean Princess and I really enjoyed it. A real pink Cadillac emerged from beneath the stage. Roads, city scape, and land scape scenes were projected onto a huge screen behind the Cadillac which really made it seem as if the car was moving. Two couples in the car sang and jumped out of the car occasionally to dance with other dancers. Amazing special effects!!

 

Note to R &B: it is really hard to make this story exciting when we lead fairly ordinary lives. J I’m sure you are wondering if our lives are so ordinary, why are the stories so long?????  Tee hee
Note to D, C, MRP, & HK, and EK: Even though my credit card was denied (see below) I got you something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
 
TK’s Take: When the longshoremen were tethering the ship he remembered that they always had a pool on his Navy cruiser guessing which minute in the hour the first line would be thrown or the first anchor set.
 
MJ’s Take: At Los Cinco Soles my credit card was denied. I was unhappy (to put it mildly) because I had called Visa in September and told them when and where I would be traveling. TK had to pay for my purchases. When we got to Diamonds International I told them my story and they allowed me to call Visa—we could not find a call center to make a call and this is a good reason to really check about using our phones abroad. Anyway, Visa apologized and admitted that I had called them as I should have. They fixed the situation.  I have spent enough money at DI and I am glad that they were so accommodating despite the fact that I was not making any purchases today.
Note to self: Remember to carry more than one credit card off the ship, take more cash, have dollar bills (I like to tip the restroom ladies for clean bathrooms), and go to our Verizon store soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment